Athletics programs are free for Mercer students. Snacks and transportation are provided for those who attend these activities. Athletic participation teaches teamwork, goal setting, discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, and other valuable life-skills, helping students become contributing members of their school and community.
In order to try out and participate in Mercer Athletics, ALL of the paperwork listed below must be completed. Please read carefully to ensure student and parent/guardian signatures on all forms. A student-athlete MAY NOT try out or participate if ANY portion of ANY form is incomplete:
- Athletic Registration (done once per school year)
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Awareness Form (done once per school year)
- Physical Examination and Clearance Form (signed and dated by the examiner on the Seattle Public Schools Form which is good for two years)
- OST Participant Information and Authorization Forms
- Track, Volleyball, Soccer Safety Guidelines Release Form
- Track, Volleyball, Soccer Program Expectations
- Track, Volleyball, Soccer Player Contract
- Completed Mercer Grade Check (Track Volleyball Soccer)
- Emergency Contact Information
A student-athlete MAY NOT try out or participate on any Mercer Sports Team if any of the above information is missing or not current. After try outs and team selection, no further paperwork will be accepted. Upon making the team, the student-athlete is expected to:
- follow the expectations outlined by coaches
- sign and return the Uniform Responsibility Card
- complete weekly grade and P.O.W.E.R. behavior checks with all teachers, with a ‘C’ or better in each class
- demonstrate P.O.W.E.R. and represent Mercer well
Completed paperwork should be placed in the blue SPORTS BASKET on the main office counter by FRIDAY, MARCH 3rd, 2017.
Good luck! Go Mustangs!
If you have questions, contact:
Ms. Simmons, Athletic Director
Please visit the Athletic and Recreation Program for more information.