South Hub @ Mercer International Middle School
Welcome to the South Hub of the Parks Academy of Learning hosted at Mercer Middle School. We are delighted that you have chosen to bring your child to participate in our program. We look forward to getting to know you and your child as we embark on this journey together.
The purpose of the Parks Academy of Learning (PAL) summer program is threefold:
- Research shows that summer learning loss occurs over the break, our program supports the retention of learned content and introduces new material that students will begin in the fall. We use project based learning and STEM curricula to engage students in learning through Math, Reading & Writing.
- Students receive social-emotional and physical development with our highly engaging enrichment opportunities.
- Students who are new to Mercer have an opportunity to learn the lay of the land and build healthy relationships with peers and Mercer staff before the new school year; making the adjustment that much easier.
We follow a strict academic schedule and for our students to reach the highest impact regular attendance is important.
June 28, 2017 – July 31, 2017
Monday thru Friday | 8:45AM – 3:15PM
Free Transportation! Free Breakfast-Lunch-Snack! Sports Camps & Weekly Field Trips!
- April 17, 2017 –Open Registration for Current & Incoming Mercer Students
- May 12, 2017 – Open Registration for ANY student 6-8th grade in Seattle School District
Maximum Capacity: 200 students
To register for our program click here >>>> Parks Academy of Learning - Registration Packet .pdf