To apply for option schools and/or other attendance area schools, you must submit a choice application.
Early Bird Special: School choice forms will be available online only for you to complete on February 6-10. Official Open Enrollment period: February 13-24. Online applications and paper applications are accepted; submit paper applications to Enrollment Services at John Stanford Center.
Applications completed during the Early Bird Special period will be considered at the same time as applications submitted during the official Open Enrollment Period
For more information, visit the Enrollment Services webpage.
Mercer Process to be Excused for High School Tours
If you plan to attend a High School Tour during the school day YOU MUST FOLLOW THE MERCER PROCESS:
- Parents/guardians must call the attendance office at 206-252-8004 in advance to notify that you will be absent to attend a High School tour.
- Student does NOT report to school prior to the school tour.Students leave from home to attend a tour, and then report to Mercer afterwards.
- Upon arriving to Mercer, student must report to the attendance office to check in and give a note written by parents/guardians to excuse the tardy/absence to school.
- Students are responsible for making arrangements with their teachers to make up missed assignments and learning.
- No phone call permission to leave Mercer to attend tours will be allowed.
High School Open Houses and School Tours
Center High School
Open House and School Tour
- Thursday, January 19th from 6 p.m. - 7:30pm
- Thursday, February 9th, from 6 p.m. - 7:30pm
Cleveland High School
Welcome potential new students and families, below is our Open House and School Tour dates. Programming will start in our Auditorium with a presentation on Cleveland STEM, followed by a student panel for Q & A, and concluded with a guided tour by ASB students.
Open House and School Tour
- Thursday, January 19th from 9:00am-11:30am
- Saturday, February 4th from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Friday, February 10th from 9:00am-11:30am
Franklin High School
We invite all prospective Franklin Quakers to join us for school tours. Tour the building and meet students and staff. Everyone is welcome so there is no need to reserve a space.
School Tours for Prospective Students:
- Tuesday, February 7th at 9:00 a.m
- Thursday, February 9th at 9:00 a.m
Contact Jolene McCann with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Garfield High School
Prospective Student Events and School Tour Dates:
- Tuesday, January 10th -9:45 a.m. -10:40 a.m.
- Thursday, January 19th from 9:45 a.m. -10:40 a.m.
- Thursday, February 16th from 9:45 – 10:40 a.m. (Geared toward students, but parents can attend.)
Students will start in the Quincy Jones Auditorium with student panelists and specialists, and then have student-led tours. RSVPs are not required but can be done online through google forms (linked in the events on the website.)
- Thursday, January 19th -6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (Geared toward parents, but students can attend.) Parents will start in the QJA with admin greetings and department chair overviews. Department chairs will then go back to their classrooms for Q & A.
NOVA High School
Prospective Student Open House Dates:
- Thursday, January 26th from 6 pm – 8 pm
Rainier Beach High School
Welcome potential Vikings!
Our Open House will be Wednesday, February 8th from 6:00 – 7:00pm in the library on the 2nd floor.
will be able to hear about our IB and Skill center classes, followed by
a student panel presentation and Q and A and school tours will provide
an opportunity to check out the school and spent some time in classes.
Prospective Students Open House Dates:
- Wednesday, February 8th from 6:00 – 7:00 pm – OPEN HOUSE in the library
- Tuesday, February 14th @ 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 16th @ 9:00-10:30am
Summit Sierra High School
Information Sessions/Open House
- February 9th - 6:00pm
- March 9th - 6:00pm
Class Tours and Student Shadow Days (RSVP at www.sierra.summitps.org)
- January 19th - 8:15am -10:30am
- January 26th - 8:15am -10:30am
- February 16th - 8:15am -10:30am
- March 15th - 8:15am -10:30am
West Seattle High School
- Tuesday, January 24th from 9:30-11:00 am
- 10:00-10:30 Student-led tours of the building
- 10:30-11:00 Theater: Q&A with staff panel including counselors, nurses, athletic director, ASB, YMCA, IEP coordinator, academic, intervention specialist
For West Seattle High School only, students must be accompanied by a parent in order to attend.